Tuesday, August 16, 2016

He's Gone.

As I write this, I am on my laptop tracking Tyson's flights online.What a hard thing to do as a parent! Sending your son off on a mission is probably the hardest thing I have ever done! The past few days have been tough on all of us. He had to say goodbye to Bethany yesterday before he went to get set apart as a missionary. That was hard for them both to do. My heart was breaking for them both. Then we went to the church to meet with President Maxwell. My mom and dad & Mark and robyn were there with all of our family. Kaden has been having a really hard time dealing with the fact that Tyson will be gone for 2 whole years. When we got to the church, Pres.Maxwell took Tyson in for one last quick interview. Then he talked to us all and then he gave Tyson an amazing blessing and set him apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that he will be a terrific missionary and will work hard and do so much good! We are so proud of the young man he has become and the example he shows to the rest of us and to everyone around him. I know We will miss him terribly but in the long run, it wont really be that long. This time will be a time of growth for both him and all of us at home. Right now as Im writing this he is sitting in the Toronto airport waiting for his connecting flight to Frankfurt Germany. I have been praying all day and all day yesterday so hard for him so that he will get on the right flights, with all of his belongings, especially his passport, letter for customs for his visa, his wallet and carry-on bag. I have also prayed hard for his safety, for him to be watched over and protected, for him to have peace and comfort as he travels there, possibly alone the whole way! At the Lethbridge airport, there was no other missionaries leaving from there so we are really hoping that he will meet up with another missionary along the way. As hard as it is to send him off today, there is no other place that I would want him to be and no other work I would want him to be doing! I am so thankful for the Gospel and the joy it brings to me and my family, for a loving Heavenly Father who is mindful of all of us and loves each one of us. I know with all my hear that Tyson will do amazing in England and Love his mission and the people over there. My heart aches to hold him again and to see and talk to him again, but we are one day closer to having him home with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment